Hold the Date
Planning is underway for a Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Binational Public Forum meeting in Leamington, Ontario on November 6th and 7th. The meeting will be held at the Best Western Plus, Leamington Hotel & Conference Centre (formerly known as the Pelee Motor Inn), 566 Bevel Line Rd, Leamington, from noon on Friday to 1 p.m Saturday. There is no fee to attend the Forum meeting.
Lake Erie Environmental Research
A variety of research activities are being conducted by different organizations to tackle the challenge of managing this variable and sensitive ecosystem http://www.lakeerieforum.org/content/lake-erie-environmental-research
Lake Erie Mapper
Lake Erie Mapper uses data layers, from both the United States and Canada, to give a you better sense of the geography of the basin. You can add your own data to enhance the map you see. Click here to access the map. The tutorial on how to use the Lake Erie Mapper is available if you click here.
Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
The Great Lakes Restoration Initiative was launched in 2010 to accelerate efforts to protect and restore the largest system of fresh surface water in the world — the Great Lakes.
- LakeErieFuturesBlog 8: Great Lakes Environmental Emergencies Can Be Deadly Second Quarter (April, May, June), 2015 By Terry H. Martin, Ph.D. Charter Member, Lake Erie LAMP Binational Public Forum (1995-Present)
- LakeErieFuturesBlog Seven: Our Ecosystem Needs Cross-Boundary Awareness at All Levels (Fourth Quarter 2014) by By Terry H. Martin, Ph.D., with Guest Co-author George McKibbon, MCIP, RPP, AICP, CIP.
- Managing Stormwater on Farm Lands
- LakeErieFuturesBlog Six - Are Cumulative Effects Emerging in the Great Lakes Basin? (2nd Quarter, April-June 2014) by Terry H. Martin, Ph.D.
- Lake Erie LAMP Public Forum: September 26 & 27, 2014